Thursday, June 2, 2016

Father's Call - Alon's Singles

 

 
Father's Call - Alon's Singles

01 - Alton Ellis - Black Man Rise (edit)
02 - Little Roy & Glen Brown - Father's Call
03 - Errol Dunkley - What is Wrong
04 - Twinkle Brothers - Babylon a Fight
05 - Babylon a Fight Version
06 - Lacksley Castell - Babylon World
07 - Babylon Fall (Babylon World Version)
08 - G - Babylon Too Rough
09 - Attaras - Brimstone and Fire
10 - Cool Fire (Brimstone and Fire Version)
11 - Prophet + Messiahs - Confusion in a Babylon
12 - Stampede (Confusion Version)
13 - P Moses - Corrupted Man
14 - Reggae George - Fig Root
15 - Roots Version Wise (Fig Root)
16 - P Moses - Give I Fe I Name
17 - West Molites (Itals) - I See A Sign
18 - I See A Version
19 - Versatiles - Stronger Strong
20 - Stronger Strong Version
21 - Black Uhuru - Time To Unite
22 - Black Uhuru - United Version
23 - P Moses - Where Am I

Alon lived in New York.   He needed some cash to repair his motorcycle so he began selling his records.   He had a ton of old reggae vinyl so I was happy to contribute to the cause..  After many purchases Alon and I felt like we knew each other. Along the way he mailed me this CD of some of his singles.  I bought more records.  When Alon had gathered up enough money to repair his motorcycle he stopped posting albums on eBay.  That was sometime back in the late 90's.  We lost touch.  If you are reading this Alon thank you again for the CD. It's great.

If you, dear reader, like Roots Music... download this CD.



No comments:

Post a Comment